Migrate Your WhatsApp Chat From iPhone to Samsung Phone
WhatsApp has added the ability for users to migrate their chat history when switching from iOS to Samsung Android devices, the company said in a blog post.
Your WhatsApp messages belong to you. That’s why your personal WhatsApp messages are protected by end-to-end encryption and why we provide ways to make them automatically disappear from your chats.
One of the most requested features we’ve had is to make it possible to transfer chat history from one operating system to another when switching phones. We’ve been hard at work with operating system and device manufacturers to build it in a secure and reliable way.
We’re excited to start rolling out the ability to move your WhatsApp history from iOS to Android. This happens without your messages being sent to WhatsApp in the process and includes voice messages, photos and videos. To start, this feature is available on any Samsung device running Android 10 or higher, and will be available on more Android devices soon.
When you set up a new device, you’ll be provided with the option to securely transfer your chats from your old device to your new one. This process will require a USB-C to Lightning cable. More information can be found here.
This is just a start. We look forward to making this option available for more people to switch between platforms of their choice and securely take their chats with them.
How to transafer WhatsApp chats from an iPhone to a new Samsung device
- Turn on your Samsung and connect by cable to your iPhone when prompted
- Follow the Samsung Smart Switch instructions
- When prompted, scan the QR code displayed on the new Samsung device using the iPhone’s camera
- Tap Start on your iPhone, and wait for the process to complete
- Continue setting up your new Samsung device
- When you reach the home screen, open WhatsApp and log in using the same phone number used on your old device
- Tap Import when prompted, and allow the process to complete
- Finish activating your new device. Your WhatsApp chats should now be available.